Friday 20 January 2012

The Love Story of Two Illiterate Lovers Who Made Everyone Laugh

Growing up in a village was fun, we had our own ways of feeling entertained and sometimes we followed where the drama was unfolding. One day my distant uncle sat on the veranda and told us, ' You know what boys, when I speak English my wife does not understand me.' The wife who was cooking stopped everything and interjected , ' Iwe Gonapamuchenga utesi, dont deceive my boys here, in fact am better than you because you dropped off from school at standard four , at least I dropped off at standard five.' The two wanted to prove to us which of them was better at English, so my uncle agreed that he would say something and his wife Nyamuzota would tell everyone the meaning. My uncle started, ' Iwe Nyamuzota, muwoli wane.' Nyamuzota, ' Ine dada.' My uncle Gonapamuchenga: ' I am bloody flabbergasted.' Nyamuzota : 'Pala ukuninena nina ndopa mu basket, nawe zako ! / if you are saying i have blood in baskets , your blood is there too !' Gonapamuchenga: ' Mwamupulika Nyamuzota !' Nyamuzota: ok, you interpret this, ' Am too dear for you.' Gonapamuchenga : Walemba kalata wati deary darling.' Nyamuzota: Hedeeeeee Gonapamuchenga wachita mutu zweee with my english We normally had such stories after dinner

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

kweni adada yayi mwakulira kukaya nadi