Saturday 28 January 2012

The Sign of True Love According to Antelopes

Two antelopes who were very much in love asked each other , " How can we prove that we are in love ." They debated about the things they did for one another . The male antelope told his wife , " Remember , when the lion was approaching , I alerted you to run and because of my actions we managed to flee to safety lands ." But the female antelope argued , " My dearest darling , what you did that day to alert me about danger was good but if I have to be honest , I could also do the same to you , that is not a proof of love " The male antelope questioned his spouse , " Do you really think you love me more than I do ? " The female antelope leaped up and down then raised its leg and shook its head up and down , " I not only think but I feel I do love you more than you do love me. " The male antelope said , " That's not correct dear,remember I am the boss of love , the oasis of love and I breathe love for you , right now my whole body and soul together think of the greater love I have for you ." The debate between the male and female antelope went all day and nobody seemed to have won . So the two antelopes agreed to how to prove who loves best than another , " The antelope who loves another more than the other will be the first one to come here in the jungle ." They both agreed and went to sleep . Early at dawn the male antelope ran to the jungle . It wanted to be the first to arrive . Because he slept in a different location from his spouse he was sure the female antelope was still sleeping and by the time she gets there she would find he was already there smiling holding flowers in between his teeth . When the male antelope arrived in the jungle , it saw nobody there . It sat under a shrub smiling and telling itself , " I have proved I love her more than she does ." The male antelope waited for an hour there was no sign of his wife . It waited for another three hours the wife was not seen . This alerted his mind , " It means the female antelope was not serious . I have loved her all the way but she decided to stay home despite the arrangement to have a competition who loves more than another ." After waiting all day the male antelope was frustrated and it spit the flower from its teeth and cursed the female antelope in a very angry tone . It walked home angrily and with great bitterness . As it passed an acacia tree its eyes met something that made it stop walking and look closer. There was blood on the soil and below the tree there were pieces of the skin . The male antelope walked closer it saw writing on the soil , " Dear darling , since we argued about who loves another most yesterday , I didn't go home . I have tied myself to a tree so that when you come you will see me already here. Just incase I die of coldness or am attacked by carnivorous beasts , just know I was here since last night . I.love you ." The male antelope wept .

No comments: