Wednesday 25 January 2012

The Murder of A Fiancee

The moment she told him she was pregnant he laughed with a choking voice at the end . The girl loved this and liked this , if his laughing was a Facebook status update she would have ticked like it and she would have commented I love it . What she did not know was what was inside that laughter . What she did not understand was the bitterness hidden in that laughter , the anger boiling like an oven inside the choking laughter . Well he told her to come in the evening for a chat . He told her , " Honey , come please I want to touch that belly and I want to have a feel of my baby inside your womb ." She did not wait to think about it , " I am coming straight away , I love you darling ." She ended the call with a wild long kiss overhead by passersby making everyone envious . Passersby listened to the sound of her kiss on the phone and admired marvelously, a couple told each other , " we wish our love was like that ." Well , Naomi was in love with him , deeply in love and much deeper than the Indian oncean but she did not know that Stanley had other plans . The pregnancy news reached his ears as an electric shock and the fact that he told her he was not married it means Naomi was already spreading the news faster about her pregnancy. Blantyre was too small and sooner and sooner his wife would come accross the news and then the trouble would start. Although Stanley regarded himself as a serial cheater , he wouldn't bear the thought of losing his wife just because of an affair and just because of the pregnancy he was never thinking about . He wouldn't bear the embarrassment right from his family , his church and his friends that he lost his wife because he made a certain so and so pregnant . Stanley vowed to do everything he could and he swore under the sun that he had no choice but to do something. Well when Naomi arrived at the apartment which he used to rent secretly , he hugged her then gave her a long and passionate kiss . " Honey I didn't want to tell you , am five months pregnant . I went for scan but your baby is normal and I can't wait to give birth ." Stanley looked away and said , " Naomi , I think we are rushing things here . I told you I wanted the holy wedding first then we can have kids ." This came as a shot to Naomi , of all these months she had been dating Stanley there has never been a moment when he has been as negative as now . She was tight lipped hoping they should restart their conversation . Stanley touched her shoulders , " The lord said we should get married first , so abort this baby ." Naomi threw the cup of tea that was in her hands , " Oh yes , now you say holy holy holy . When you were pressuring me to sleep with you , when you said you would leave me if I didn't sleep with you was it the lord saying this to you ? " Stanley laughed sarcastically for seconds watching Naomi as if she was a comedian making him laugh . He said , " By the way dear, all you and me did was bad , we didn't need to sleep together . I repented my sins and I urge you to abort and start afresh." Naomi knew that she dated a wrong man . A man who sounded sweet when he wanted to have what he wanted but now he has chewed whatever he wanted and its time to spit the dummy . She rose up and started crying. She walked away from the living room and clasped her hands , " Thank you for everything . Just know I will keep this baby whatever the situation." He blocked the exit door and spoke in a raging voice , " You have no authority to keep that child .' Naomi shrugged her shoulders looking away He raged again , " Do you hear me , you cannot keep the pregnancy against my will , I am the father telling you to abort it ." Naomi spat on his face , " You idiot , this baby is inside me , I will keep her as much as she is inside my womb ." She started walking , he followed her with raging words of insults . She ran towards the third door on the left , he chased her . He screamed behind her , " I will deal with you ." When she reached the door she held the key , she twisted the key left and then pulled the door knob down , she felt a sigh of relief , she just wanted to go home her leg was now outside the door . She couldn't bear this man anymore . Just as she tried to shut the door on his face she felt a firm grab on her shoulders them heavy hands pulling her backwards , pulling her back into the house . She fought and screamed , " Leave me alone, " but who could hear her in the middle of the night . After all , his right hand covered her mouth . When inside the house the ordeal began . He tied her legs , her hands and covered her face , he didn't want her to flee anymore . She begged him , " Stanley , please am sorry . Ok I will abort this child , please don't hurt me." But what she said was too late , the fist had already landed on her chin . She wanted to stand up to him but her legs were tied like a lamb . Then another fist came and then they were raining everywhere on her body. She wanted to tell him he should mind the baby , she wanted to stop him hurting the baby but her voice turned into a groan , her eyes saw many stars . She heard and felt the knife going into her womb and the pain made her choke and gasp for breaths , blood was everywhere . The kicking continued and she now reached a point where she no longer felt pain . Her face swollen but her lips smiling at the thought of giving birth but her soul was swallowed into darkness . In the middle of the night her body was burried in the garden with flowers planted on top . He watered the flowers . By the time she was reported missing , he had fled the country .

No comments: