Tuesday 14 February 2012

The Lover And The Lover's Hearts

He imagined everything about her was beautiful, he imagined she had long hairs , beautiful lips , nicest body that drives a man crazy . George was already crazy about her . Crazy about Susan , every day he sang Susan's name in his heart . When he sees a couple holding hands , laughing happily and passionately kissing , George felt one day it would be him and Susan . The only thing was that George and Susan had never met face to face although both of them started their relationship. One day on Valentine , George travelled by bus all the way from Zomba to meet his lover Susan Phiri .George Banda waited for the girl of his life at the bus station . George and Susan agreed how to recognise each other . " I will wear a red hat and with flowers in my hand ." Susan told George in her last letter she wrote before the meeting . George also wrote back , " my darling Susan , I will wear a white suit with a love badge on my shirt ." George was ,tall and about six feet and how he started communication with Susan was very unusual. He read the leaflets about Temwa bakery and it said , " if you want to contact the customer services please write to Susan Phiri , Customer Services Assistant, Temwa Bakery , Po Box 009996 ,Limbe Blantyre . " George wrote his first letter about a year ago , " I have never met you but for the whole bakery to trust you to be a customer services assistant it means you are a lovely lady. Am in love with you .' Susan ignored the letter . George wrote again , Susan ignored . When George wrote for the third time , this time it was more powerful and the letter provoked a response from Susan . He wrote , " my dearest Susan , this morning you went to work to earn money for a living . Well ,I decided to stay home and write to you . You see Susan , beauty is not what the eyes see , beauty is what the heart feels and right now in my heart I feel you are the most beautiful lady . My heart has never deceived me and I think I am madly in love with you ." Susan read the letter and suddenly a strange feeling travelled around her heart , around her mind and that strange feeling started telling her to respond . She responded , " I have been heart broken before . I only want a man who can mend my heart , a man who can take care of my heart like his own garden watering it everyday with love without ceasing .' Her response meant a yes to George and they exchanged letters of love and cards of love almost every week . One thing Susan asked George was not to exchange photos that means the two of them were madly in love but have never seen each other . Well , the bus arrived from Zomba and was stationed at Wenela depot . Susan wore her red hat and had flowers in her hands . Every second she turned her head around looking . She saw people coming out of bus ,whenever she saw someone wearing white her heart was beating thinking it was George . But there was no sign of George . Suddenly she felt a tap from behind . She turned around , there she saw . A man seating on a wheel chair , wearing a white suit smiling at her . The man looking to have grey hairs and in Susan's eyes he was probably thirty years older than her . " This is Susan , I think you are George my lover .' The man did not respond but shook her hand . Susan led the man to her house thinking , " if love is blind maybe am blind ." When they reached home the man asked Susan to help pushing the wheelchair , Susan did . Just before they entered the house the man smiled and said , " congratulations Susan , you have passed the test of love . Am George's father . George is following us . He has been looking for the real lover and here you are . " George elegantly arrived and held Susan's hands . Everything was beautiful and Susan felt like she was in paradise . That happens when the lover meets the lover's hearts .George's and Susan's hearts of love that became one .

No comments: